LBG Jewellers are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers whilst providing the highest possible quality of service. When you access your account information and place an order, our Secure Server Software (SSL) encrypts all information prior to us receiving it. Furthermore, as required by the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) and the UK Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (Data Protection Legislation), we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
The information we may collect and process includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the website at letsbuygold.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the website
- If you contact us via email or by telephone then we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Details of transactions you carry out through the website and of the fulfillment of your orders
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
To serve our customers in the best possible manner and to continue to inform them about new products and service we retain customer data for 15 years after the last purchase date.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file stored by your browser on your computer???s hard drive. Cookies do not cause harm to your computer.
What information is contained in Cookies?
Cookies collect standard internet log information, they do not hold personal information about you, such as your credit card details, your name or your address. They recognise the individual computer, but not you.
- Storing the content of your shopping basket so that it is available to you when you return to our website
- Enabling to log in to your account so you can see information relating to orders you have placed in the ???My Account??? section.
Can I disable Cookies?
Yes. To withdraw your consent or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend your browser settings to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer. We recommend consulting the Help section of your browser or take a look at aboutcookies.org ??which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
Please be aware that by disabling cookies you will still be able to browse the site but your shopping experience will be limited and you may be unable to place an order.